Abstract Submission Guidelines
The following conditions need to be met in order to submit an abstract:
- The work in the abstract cannot be presented nor appear in another form at any large English-speaking meeting before the Euroanaesthesia 2022
- The work cannot be published before Euroanaesthesia 2022, in whole or in abstract, in an indexed journal.
- Authors are responsible for ensuring that they have avoided, or at least declared, any significant conflicts of interest associated with submissions.
- All abstracts submitted must adhere to the Declaration of Helsinki’s ethical principals for medical research involving human subjects and the rules laid down by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors in their Recommendations for the conduct, reporting, editing, and publication of scholarly work in medical journals. This requires that all research (clinical or experimental in humans or animals) must have approval or an exemption from a suitable Institutional Review Board (IRB), Independent Ethics Committee (IEC) or Ethical Review Board (ERB). If this does not exist, the abstract will be rejected.
- The author(s) must transfer, assign, and otherwise convey copyright of ownership in said work to the European Society of Anaesthesiology and Intensive Care (ESAIC) if published by the ESAIC. Copyright assignment only applies to the abstract submitted and does not apply to, or prevent, subsequent publication elsewhere of a full manuscript relating to the subject matter of such abstract.
- If accepted, the author commits to present the work at Euroanaesthesia 2022. Registration deadline for accepted abstract presenters is on 20 April 2022 (23:59 CET). The abstract will be withdrawn if the presenter of the abstract does not meet the pre-registration deadline.
For any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Best Abstract Prize Competition
Abstract Book 2021
How can I amend my abstract?
It is still possible to make corrections to an abstract prior to the submission deadline, even if it has already been submitted. The abstract can be saved, edited and revised online as many times as needed until the submission period ends.
After the submission period, corrections are no longer possible. If errors are discovered in the abstract after the deadline, you can either withdraw the abstract or – for minor errors – indicate the correction during a presentation at the congress. Please note, changes will not be included in the published version of the abstract. We, therefore, recommend carefully review your abstract before submitting it on the dedicated submission platform.
Can I change the presenter of an Abstract after the submission deadline?
The abstract submitter can login to the abstract submission platform through his/her MyESAIC account and select, in the authors section, another presenter for the abstract. The new presenter must be selected among the authors of the abstract.
All mandatory information should be ﬁlled in as appropriate.
The new presenter must pre-register for the Congress by 20 April 2022 (23:59 CET).
If a change of presenter is requested after 20 April 2022, the new presenter will have to be registered for the congress before the change is possible. The original presenter is responsible for providing the new presenter with all information previously sent by ESAIC regarding the abstract.
What is the registration process of the Abstract presenter?
If the abstract is accepted, the work must be presented at Euroanaesthesia 2022.
Accepted Abstract Presenters must pre-register for the Congress before 20 April 2022 (23:59 CET)!
If a presenter fails to register before 20 April:
- The abstract(s) will not be published in the e-supplement of the European Journal of Anaesthesiology and will be rejected for presentation at the Congress.
- The abstract(s) will be withdrawn by the ESAIC and removed from all Euroanaesthesia-related publications.
View the applicable Congress registration fees.
What are the Abstract publication details?
All accepted abstracts will be published in their entirety as an e-supplement to the European Journal of Anaesthesiology (EJA). If prior consent is received, posters will also be made available online. Note that publication of the accepted abstract is dependent on pre-registration of the abstract presenter.
If accepted for presentation at the congress, the abstract will be published as entered into the abstract submission programme.
What if there are time conflicts when presenting several abstracts?
We usually avoid scheduling several abstract presentations by the same person at the same time. Unfortunately, considering the high number of abstracts presented at the Congress, time conflicts may still occur and presentations cannot be rescheduled. Should this happen, please consider the following options:
- Ask a co-author attending the congress to present one of the abstracts for you.
- Ask the chairpersons of the sessions in which your abstracts have been scheduled to be the first to present in one session and the last in the other. This way you can present both abstracts yourself.
I still have an unanswered question. Whom can I contact?
If you have any questions regarding your abstract submission, please contact the ESAIC Secretariat via firstname.lastname@example.org.
When contacting the ESAIC Head Quarters in relation to an abstract, please always mention the abstract reference (#xxxx) and title.
Best Abstract Prize Competition
More information coming soon.